Saturday, May 28, 2011

EGG NOODLE RECIPE

At family reunion's my favorite little aunt Leona made chicken and noodles and I loved them. It is one of the memories I think of when I was little. I never saw her only at reunions but she gave me her address and we would write each other back and forth and I loved her so much for spending time to write me. It made me feel so special. After she died my second cousin Wilma started making them. They were just like Aunt Leona's and last year I asked her for the recipe and she said there was no recipe she just knew from learning from her mom (Leona's sister). Don't you just hate hearing that haha. All the best old family recipes have no recipes they are just passed down from experience. After hearing there was no recipe I came home to look online how to make home made egg noodles with the ingredients she told me she used. This one is it. The first time I made them they turned out okay. I used the pasta attachment on my kitchen aid mixed and it worked. You really have to just keep making them to get the consistency right.



http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Egg-Noodles/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
Directions

In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
Allow to air dry before cooking.
To cook fresh pasta, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.
Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 206 | Total Fat: 3.8g | Cholesterol: 66mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Data

No comments:

Post a Comment