Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HOW TO POACH AN EGG

HOW TO POACH AN EGG
http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/how-to-poach-an-egg-smitten-kitchen-style/


I've loved poached eggs ever since I was little and got egg mcmuffins from mcdonalds. My mom once got me an egg poacher you could use in the microwave that worked incredibly well until it disappeared? haha I was recently watching the cooking channel and as I watched a new show the host was poaching an egg in water on the stove. I was like ooo I gotta try that. I also googled it to make sure I remembered correctly and came upon this site complete with step by step pictures. I made my first of many poached eggs today and they turned out great! I served it over toast just like the site. My mom even came by and said, "Is that a raw egg in there [water]? I mean how'd you keep it from falling apart?" I replied, "Yup it's raw and it stayed together cause I put it in the middle of a whirlpool." She was confused. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment