Thursday, June 16, 2011

MINI CHEESECAKES

I first saw these on an episode of Paula Dean and thought, 'wow those look really simple to make and look so good!'. I recently saw them again on a post by [bakerella].

2 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix.

vanilla wafers
2″ aluminum mini baking cups
Cherry Pie Filling

Place a vanilla wafer in each mini baking cup. Spoon approximately 3 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture over each wafer. Makes about 4 dozen. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate.

*I changed up the recipe quite a bit because I didn't have the quantity of ingredients it called for. I also added lemon extract to make them extra lemon-y. Instead of cherry pie filling I cut up fresh strawberries and sprinkled sugar on them. Also ran out of vanilla wafers and tried using crushed animal crackers. While they worked in a pinch they were bland compared to the wafer ones.
Needless to say these were gone within minutes and no picture was taken. The boys kept sneaking them off and eating them. When I make them again I'll definitely make the 4 dozen it calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment